I'm a big fan Everyday Carry, a.k.a. EDC. Its a blog showcasing user submitted pocket dumps of exactly what people carry on a daily basis. Here's the breakdown of my very own EDC, click here to enlarge.
• Leather Wallet
• Field Notes Memo Book (Graph Paper)
• Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Mechanical Pencil
• Nixon Rotolog (Walnut)
• iPhone 3GS
• iPod Sock (Best iPhone protector ever)
• Von Zipper Kickstand Sunglasses
• Key to 2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman
• Wedding Ring
The whole EDC culture is based on emergency preparedness, which is pretty cool. I actually dig my EDC—but I don't carry a blade or pack heat so guaranteed it'll never get featured. And I guess I'm also pretty much screwed come the morning of the zombie apocalypse.